Intake Specialist- Laguna Hills
Braille Institute of America, Inc. is a private, NGO that positively transforms the lives of those with vision loss. Join our team and have real impact by helping more than 37,000 people of all ages who are blind or visually impaired maintain their independence, learn new skills and lead fulfilling lives. All of our services are free of charge and offered at our 7 Southern California centers, as well as remotely through online classes and teleservices. We are looking for someone who has a passion to serve, enjoys mission-driven work and thrives in a teamwork culture.
We currently are seeking an Intake Specialist at our Laguna Hills Center. This position is responsible for:
- Meeting with all incoming low vision clients in person or via phone to go over ETO Basic Intake questions
- Contacting Ophthalmologist if requested by incoming client for referral.
- Discussing the process of intake with them and their families and providing support through the process
- Acting as a backup for the Student Advisor position when they are not available
- Assisting Educational Programs manager and Student Advisor with developing the class schedule, assisting with day-to-day classroom and student needs
- Assisting the Student Advisor with providing resources to students and their families as needed
- Member of the Case Conference committee
- Assisting with outreach presentations, health fairs, as needed
- Gathering, compiling and preparing reports as requested by management and maintaining attendance logs of clients
- The ability to investigate and resolve problems and provide solutions to visually impaired students is needed
- Good communication, interpersonal, time management, counseling, computer and presentation skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- At least one (1) year of administrative support or customer service experience
- At least one (1) year of experience in the human services field
- A valid driver’s license
- First aid/CPR certificate desirable
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in the human services field such as Social Work or Psychology preferred
Braille Institute is an equal opportunity employer (EEOC). We offer an excellent environment and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 - $35,451.00 per year
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""